CHRISTMAS AT DOWNTON ABBEY
Oh, so you're a novice here, too.
Oh, so you're a novice here, too.
/əʊ səʊ jʊə ə ˈnɒvɪs hɪə tu:/
novice
n. a person who is new and has little experience in a skill, job or situation
新手;初学者
I've never driven a car before — I'm a complete novice.
我以前从未开过车——完全是个新手。
novice /ˈnɒvɪs/
n. 新手;初学者
- Perhaps you should go find someone who does.
- People used to bet against me when I fought in the pits. He would have bet against me. Common novice mistake.
当我还在角斗场竞技的时候,人们总会赌我输。他肯定也会这样做,常见的新手错误。
BrE /gri:n hænd/
NAmE /gri:n hænd/
Despite being a green hand, he managed to fix the broken computer.
尽管是个新手,他还是设法修好了那台坏掉的电脑。
The company is willing to hire green hands and train them.
公司愿意雇佣新手并进行培训。
As a green hand in photography, he's still learning the basics.
作为摄影新手,他还在学习基础知识。
Stowell: The sad story of Mrs Bates has reached our ①.
贝茨夫人的不幸遭遇我们都听说了。
Barrow: ② travels fast.
消息传得真快。
Stowell: I'm Lord Sinderby's butler, Stowell.
我是辛德比勋爵的管家,斯托尔。
Barrow: Oh, so you're a ③ here, too.
那么您在这儿也是新人。
Stowell: I am not a novice ④.
我在哪都不是新人。
1.I'm a complete novice at skiing.
2.Don't worry about making mistakes; everyone starts as a green hand.
Carson: He wasn't good enough for you, m'lady, not by half.
他配不上你,小姐,连你的一半都配不上。
Mary: I don’t think anyone else would agree with you.
我觉得其他人不会赞成你的观点的。
Carson: But the difference is that youagree with me.
但重点是,您赞成我的观点。
I watched you realise it as time went on.
随着时间的流逝,我看到您意识到了这一点。
Reluctantly perhaps, but you came to see that he wasn't up to the mark.
或许您并不情愿,但您渐渐明白了,他并不符合你的标准。
1.She has been training hard, and I believe her fitness level is now up to the mark for the race.
参考答案:她一直努力训练,我相信她的体能水平现在已经达到了比赛的标准。
2.The coach's assessment of the team's performance was wide of the mark; they actually did much better than he thought.
参考答案:教练对球队表现的评估偏离了实际,他们实际上表现得比他想象的要好得多。
-END-
Copyright © 2013-2024 口语粉碎机
转载事宜请私信 | 获得授权后方可转载
到此这篇kubesphere怎么读(kubelet怎么发音)的文章就介绍到这了,更多相关内容请继续浏览下面的相关推荐文章,希望大家都能在编程的领域有一番成就!
版权声明:
本文来自互联网用户投稿,该文观点仅代表作者本人,不代表本站立场。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。
如若内容造成侵权、违法违规、事实不符,请将相关资料发送至xkadmin@xkablog.com进行投诉反馈,一经查实,立即处理!
转载请注明出处,原文链接:https://www.xkablog.com/rfx/29250.html